Become an IM Certified® Facilitator Today!
IM CERTIFICATION FOR IM K–12 MATH™ PROFESSIONAL LEARNING
Become an IM Facilitator certified by Illustrative Mathematics, helping educators deliver high-quality math instruction.
Illustrative Mathematics (IM) is accepting applications from talented educators interested in joining our enthusiastic, dedicated, and inclusive community of IM Certified Facilitators. At IM, we believe that all students should have the opportunity to experience grade-level mathematics through challenging and engaging problem-based curricula. IM Certified Facilitators have a unique opportunity to gain additional skills and strategies in supporting teachers implementing IM certified curricula in their classrooms. Facilitators earn certification in IM K–5 Math™, IM 6–8 Math™, and/or IM 9–12 Math™. All are welcome to apply and we especially welcome applications from professionals with experience in urban schools, people of color, and those who share IM’s commitment to racial justice through ensuring the right of every learner to engage in meaningful, rigorous, grade-level mathematics.
IM Certification Overview & Benefits
- Earn certification as an IM K–5 Math, IM 6–8 Math, and/or IM 9–12 Math IM Facilitator certified by Illustrative Mathematics.
- Earn extra income delivering professional learning on behalf of IM.
- Acquire a deep knowledge of IM’s curriculum and professional learning.
- Receive mentoring and support from IM to grow professionally. This is a required component of our IM Certification program. All entering candidates will be paired with a current IMCF facilitator and required to complete 4 hours of mentoring within the first three months of service. Mentoring sessions are not compensated.
- Gain a prestigious credential from a respected non-profit mathematics organization.
Who Should Apply?
At Illustrative Mathematics we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and independent contractors. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. All are welcome to apply and we especially welcome applications from professionals with experience in urban schools, people of color, and those who share IM’s commitment to racial justice through ensuring the right of every learner to engage in meaningful, rigorous, grade-level mathematics.
On acceptance into the IM Certification program, participants commit to:
- attending an in-person/hybrid 2-day certification training or an equivalent virtual apprenticeship experience at the participant’s expense.
- reviewing the IM K–5 Math v. I, IM 6–8 Math v. III and/or IM 9–12 Math v. I teacher and student materials for all grades prior to the training.
- being available to facilitate a minimum of 20 in-person and/or virtual professional learning units on behalf of IM during the summer months of August-September.
- Participating in IM’s Mentoring Program for a minimum of 4 hours of mentoring within the first three months of service. Mentoring sessions are not compensated.
How Do I Apply?
Interested individuals should complete the application.